Kalih Character Design Contest
GalingLNC invites LNC residents to JOIN THE KALIH CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST AND WIN P5,000!
The LNC community is committed towards co-creating and Building a clean, green and thriving community together with its key partners and stakeholders.
Kalih is a community-wide Environmental Program in cooperation with the LEHOA, St. Edward School, PRO-FRIENDS, The Square and GalingLNC with the goal towards building positive, environmentally sound habits.
It likewise seeks to establish community-based circular economy practices and engage key stakeholders in co-creating solutions to community -based problems.
We would like to invite artistic LNC residents to join the Kalih Mascot Design Contest and bring to life the dream of a clean, green and thriving LNC!
- The contest is open to residents/homeowners of Lancaster New City, students of St. Edward School, employees of PRO-FRIENDS, and tenants of The Square.
- Minor entrants (17 years old and below) must be represented a Parent / Guardian.
- The contest duration is from March 23 to April 16, 2021.Participants must SUBMIT ONE (1) ENTRY only.
- All entries must be sent to email@example.com with subject line KalihCharacterDesignContest_LastName_FirstName on or before April 16, 2021, together with the contestant’s basic information:
- Contact number
- If minor, name of parent / guardian
- Explanation / short background or narrative about the submitted character design
- Character design should be original work only. Clip art images / attributed/trademarked illustrations are not permitted.
- Character design should be full body images only.Entries should be in digitized format (at least 600 dpi with a file extension of .jpg) or freehand illustration or drawing.The raw file of the digital artwork should be drawn/ illustrated in A4 size.
- Submit the file as a flat jpeg format, minimum 300 pixels. Winning entry must be able to submit a layered Photoshop (.psd) file if done digitally;
- On the other hand, freehand artworks should fit in an 8×10 short bond paper.
- A brief description or rationale (not more than 500 words) explaining the submitted mascot design entry.
- The character design should not carry the name of the artist.
- The design of the character should embody / represent the Kalih Environmental Program goals and aspirations.
Other Contest Guidelines
- By entering the competition, the participants declare that the design submitted is their original work, have not been submitted to any other competition, and does not infringe on any third party’s existing copyrights. 2. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness or comparison of the design would be the accountability of the participant as he/she would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
- The character design competition shall be judged according to the following criteria:
- Concept/Relevance – 40%
- Originality – 25%
- Creativity – 25%
- Audience Impact – 10%
- The Board of Judges will be composed of representatives from Lancaster New City, and an external judge with specific expertise on design.
- Entries will be judged according to the criteria provided above.
For Audience Impact: Entries will be posted on the GalingLNC OFB for the duration between April 17 – April 21, 2021. The number of net likes / reactions (# of likes – Page Like) will be computed as part of Audience Impact and imputed to the over-all rating of the entry.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The winner be declared on April 22, 2021, Thursday, Earth Day.
- The winner will be announced on the GalingLNC OFB and informed through email and call.
- One winner shall be chosen and shall receive a certificate and Php 5,000.00 cash prize.
- All entries submitted as entry for the contest shall be considered as property of PRO-FRIENDS and its subsidiaries including GalingLNC. Likewise, submitted entries maybe used by GalingLNC for its various communication materials published in its different channels and mediums.
- GalingLNC shall also have exclusive rights to the winning logo design; publish it on its websites, and in other media and corporate materials such as letterheads and envelopes.
- GalingLNC reserves the right to further refine or make improvements and alterations on the final artwork of the winning entry.
- Members of the Kalih Environmental Program Technical Working Group and their relatives up to 3rd degree of consanguinity and affinity are disqualified from joining this contest.